CTTC is re-elected as a member of the board of the 5G IA
On March 26, the 5G Infrastructure Association (5G IA) – the voice of the European industry for the development and evolution of 5G and the organization responsible to represent the private side of the 5G PPP – carried out an election of the members of its Governing Board and CTTC was re-elected. CTTC’s delegate who will be seating in the Board is Dr. Carles Antón-Haro, its Director of R&D Programmes.
CTTC has been a member of the 5G IA since 2013 and, in the context of these recent elections, it has been chosen as one of the academic partner members in the Board for the third time in a row. Moreover, CTTC is playing a very active role in the definition of the Work programme of the Smart Networks and Services Joint Undertaking to be launched in the second half of this year, and also leading the Trials Working Group of the 5G-IA.
All the major industrial players in the 5G/6G ecosystem, this including main equipment vendors and network operators, innovative SMEs, and key industrial associations, are represented in the newly-elected board:
- Large industry: Nokia (chair), Ericsson, Huawei, Netas, Nokia, Orange, RHEA, Samsung, Telecom Italia, Telenor, Thales
- SME: Nextworks, EURESCOM
- Academia: CTTC, TNO
- Associations: AIOTI, PSCE
The more than 70 members of the 5G IA (which represent all the relevant sectors in 5G: industry manufacturers, telecommunication and satellite operators, service providers, vertical industries, SMEs, and research institutes and universities) are working together towards the following objectives:
- Ensuring a clear European voice on 5G and 6G
- Supporting an European wide 5G ecosystem, embracing research, standardization and development, academia, telecom industry and verticals
- Representing the Private side of the 5G Public-Private Partnership (5G PPP) and its evolution into Horizon Europe
- Contributing to EU Digital Transformation programs and Horizon Europe strategic objectives leveraging 5G evolution