Call 5-2016-1 - Researcher Position in the Communication Technologies Division
The Communication Technologies Division at CTTC invites applications for one Researcher position. The successful applicant should have degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field. Holding a PhD will be highly valuable. Work is expected to start not earlier than mid-June 2016.
The position is associated with the CellFive “Virtual Small Cells for Energy-Efficient Wireless Communications in 5G” project (TEC2014-60130-P), funded by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation. The research activities of the project covers the area of 5G wireless communication access networks and the integration with the Internet of Things.
The tasks of the selected candidate will be to:
- Become a member of the research team of the project.
- Carry out experimental activities associated to the project.
- Integrate the concept of Software Defined Networking (SDN) in the IoTWorld Testbed at CTTC (http://iotworld.cttc.es).
- Design, implementation, and evaluation of the different building blocks of the platform.
- Design implementation and evaluation of use cases for the integration of IoT SDN-aided in 5G heterogeneous wireless networks using the IoTWorld Testbed.
- Carry out research on dynamic allocation of resources in SDN-aided IoT for 5G wireless networks.
- Support the team members in the preparation of the reports of the project.
- Participate in dissemination activities of the project, including technical papers to be submitted to international conferences and peer-reviewed journals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful applicant should have degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field. Holding a PhD will be highly valuable. Upon successful completion of the fixed-term contract, a renewal might be considered depending on the achieved performance and the available funding opportunities by that time.
- Outstanding use of English at both conversational and writing levels.
- Good publication record.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals and wireless protocols.
- Previous experience with embedded systems; microprocessor programming and use of IoT devices with radio communications.
- Very good programming skills in C/C++, and Java.
- Knowledge of use and customization of IoT platforms.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work in an international team.
- Hands-on experience on Software Define Networking concepts is a plus;
- Prior research experience in academia or industry.
- Knowledge in big data analytics;
- Experience in leading and/or participating in the preparation of scientific publications
The successful applicant would have to work autonomously and be an excellent team player.
For further information, please contact email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
The contract is full-time aligned with the duration-frame of the CellFive project (from June-July 2016 to end term between expected between December 2017 and June 2018). The rank and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience. The salary will be in the range between 30.000 and 37.000 euro (gross per year).
Applications should include:
• Full CV, including a list of publications and name (email address, etc) of three referees.
• Transcript of all modules and results from university-level courses taken.
• Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
CTTC is particularly interested in candidates with good balance of academic qualifications and know-how in their field of knowledge and possibilities to take up the work starting not earlier than June 2016. The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application. No applications received by email will be taken consideration for the position.
The deadline for applications is May 16, 2016, but the deadline might be postponed if the position is not filled by that time. Applications will be considered and evaluated on receipt, therefore applying before the deadline is encouraged. For further information, please contact email@example.com.
CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.