CALL10-2019-1 - Researcher position at the Communication Technologies Division –SMARTECH department
The Communication Technologies Division at CTTC invites applications for one Researcher position. The successful applicant should have a degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field. Holding a PhD will be highly valuable. The applicant will be incorporated in the SMARTECH department (http://technologies.cttc.es/smartech/).
The position is associated with the CONNECT project, funded from the Electronic Component Systems for European Leadership Joint Undertaking under grant agreement No 737434. The successful candidate will conduct both academic and experimental system research toward the future 5G wireless networks and IoT integration. Particular emphasis will be given to the implementation of efficient slicing solutions. The performance of the envisioned methods/algorithms may be evaluated both in simulators and in the existing SMARTECH platforms.
The selected candidate will:
- Become a member of the research team of the project
- Carry out research activities associated to the SMARTECH department
- Support the team members in the preparation of the reports of the project
- Support the team members in the preparation of research funding proposals
- Participate in dissemination activities of the project, including technical papers to be submitted to international conferences and peer-reviewed journals
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful applicant should have a degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field. Holding a PhD will be highly valuable. Upon successful completion of the fixed-term contract, a renewal might be considered depending on the achieved performance and the available funding opportunities by that time.
- Excellent publication record in top scientific peer-reviewed journals (e.g., IEEE Transactions and Magazines)
- Background of current technology trends in 5G such network slicing, data driven communications, virtualization and SDN/ NFV
- Good knowledge of related networking tools for the implementation of SDN/NFV
- Good knowledge of radio resource allocation and management
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work in an international team
- Experience from participating in national and international research projects with partners from academia and industry is also an advantage.
- Hands-on experience on wireless network platforms
- Familiarization with cross-layer network design
- Prior research experience in academia or industry
- Experience in leading and/or participating in the preparation of scientific publications
- Experience in preparation of EC funded research grant proposals.
The successful applicant would have to work autonomously and be an excellent team player.
For further information, please contact email@example.com.
A full-time fixed term, contract aligned with the duration-frame of the CONNECT project. The starting date is flexible from mid July 2019. The rank and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience. The salary will be in the range between 36.000 and 42.000 euro (gross per year). The contract may be extended depending on the availability of research funds from other research funded projects.
Applications should include:
• Full CV, including a list of publications and name (email address, etc) of three referees
• Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate
CTTC is particularly interested in candidates with good balance of academic qualifications and know-how in their field of knowledge and possibilities to take up the work with a flexible starting date. The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application. No applications received by email will be taken consideration for the position. The deadline for applications is July 6th, 2019.
CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC), in Castelldefels – Barcelona, is a growing and well-funded research institution fostering excellence and diversity. CTTC offers a highly international environment at an exceptionally attractive location. As a research center in telecommunications technologies CTTC provides a fertile environment for research cooperation and innovation between different disciplines.
CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.