CALL 10-2020-1 - Researcher position in Communication Technologies Division – M2M Department
The Communication Technologies Division of the CTTC is searching for interested candidates in a Researcher position in its Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Communications Department in the framework of the FEMIOT project.
The FEMIOT project is co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (FEDER, Fons Europeu de Desenvolupament Regional) which aims at creating clusters in emerging technologies for the realization of projects for the recovery and transfer of research results. The main objective of FEMIOT is to contribute to the definition, design and implementation of telecom infrastructures for the Smart City of the future in order to facilitate the operation of connected and autonomous vehicles.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Become a member of the team of both the FEMIOT project and the M2M Communications Department of the CTTC.
- Conduct R&D activities in the areas of Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X) Communications, Mobile Edge Computing (MEC) and Software Defined Networking (SDN) for 5G technologies and beyond, applied to automated and connected driving use cases.
- Develop vehicle software applications and virtualized services for the deployment of automated and connected driving use cases. This includes both the conceptual design of innovative solutions and their implementation in a real testbed.
- Lead the elaboration of the reports of the project, deliverables and all related documentation related to reporting and review phases of the project.
- Lead, coordinate, and participate in dissemination activities of the project, including technical papers to be submitted to international conferences and peer-reviewed journals, as well as public talks and preparation of training activities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The candidate should also be willing to enjoy becoming a team member of such a unique project in the intersection of next generation technologies and automated and connected driving.
- Degree in telecom or electrical engineering, computer science, or related areas.
- Knowledge of the ETSI C-ITS and 3GPP C-V2X standards for V2X communications.
- Experience with Linux.
- Outstanding communication and writing English skills.
- High degree of autonomy and capability to define goals with the project team.
- Catalan and Spanish proficiency.
Highly Valuable skills:
- Experience in the development of vehicular applications using commercial or open-source V2X protocol stacks (e.g., Marben, Commsignia, Vanetza).
- Experience with commercial off-the-shelf On-Board Units (OBU) and Road-side Units (RSU) for V2X communications.
- Knowledge and experience with security in V2X communications.
- Knowledge and experience with virtualization tools and container-based solutions for distributed cloud computing (e.g., Kubernetes, Docker).
- Experience in an R&D environment, with participation in European-funded research and innovation actions.
- Publication record in both international conferences and technical journals either as main author or co-author.
- This is a full-time fixed term contract aligned with the duration-frame of FEMIOT project, which ends in February 2023.
- The position is located in Castelldefels, Barcelona, Spain.
- The call for applications will close on May 17th. The end of the contract will be in February 2023.
- The rank and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience, but it will be within the range of 34 – 38 K€ yearly gross salary, depending on the qualification and experience of the selected candidate.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please, do not send emails for your application. Any application received by email will not be considered for the position. Applications must be done through the CTTC website http://www.cttc.es/career/call-10-2020-1/ and they should include the following three documents in pdf format:
1) Brief cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate for the offered position and indicating two reference people along with contact details.
2) 2-page CV including the most relevant merits of the candidate.
3) A document with a complete list of publications (optional).
The deadline for applications is May 17th, 2020.
Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC), located in Castelldefels – Barcelona, is a growing and well-funded research institution fostering excellence and diversity. CTTC offers a highly international environment at an exceptionally attractive location. As a research center in telecommunications technologies CTTC provides a fertile environment for research cooperation and innovation between different disciplines. CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
More info at: http://www.cttc.es