CALL 15-2020-1 - Researcher position in Communication Technologies Division – M2M Department
The Communication Technologies Division of the CTTC is searching for interested candidates in a Researcher position in its Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Communications Department in the framework of the 5G-MED project.
The 5G-MED project is an innovation action partially funded by the European Commission under the 5GPPP (Public Private Partnership) program. The main objective of the project is to demonstrate advanced Cooperative, Connected and Automated Mobility (CCAM)and Future Railway Mobile Communication System (FRMCS) services along the “Barcelona – Perpignan” cross-border corridor, enabled by a multi-stakeholder compute and network infrastructure deployed by Mobile Network Operators (MNOs), neutral hosts, and road and rail operators, based on 5G Rel.16 and offering support for Artificial Intelligence (AI)functions.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Become a member of the team of both the 5G-MED project and the M2M Communications Department of the CTTC.
- Conduct R&D activities in the areas ofsmart sensors (e.g., 3D camera, lidar) based on Artificial Intelligence techniques, and Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X) communications applied to Cooperative, Connected and Automated Mobility (CCAM) use cases.
- Design and implementation of vehicle software applications and virtualized services for the deployment of innovative CCAM use cases which require sensing the dynamic environment surrounding vehicles, i.e., detect and track pedestrians, cyclists, vehicles, road hazards, lane dividers, traffic signs, etc.
- Lead the elaboration of the reports of the project, deliverables and all related documentation related to reporting and review phases of the project.
- Lead, coordinate, and participate in dissemination activities of the project, including technical papers to be submitted to international conferences and peer-reviewed journals, as well as public talks and preparation of training activities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The candidate should also be willing to enjoy becoming a team member of such a unique project in the intersection of next generation technologies and automated and connected driving.
- Degree in telecom or electrical engineering, computer science, or related areas.
- Experience in computer vision.
- Experience in Artificial Intelligence/Deep Learning techniques applied to smart sensors.
- Experience programming in C++ and Python.
- Experience with Linux.
- Outstanding communication and writing English skills.
- High degree of autonomy and capability to define goals with the project team.
Highly Valuable skills:
- Knowledge of the ETSI C-ITS and 3GPP C-V2X standards for V2X communications.
- Experience with commercial off-the-shelf On-Board Units (OBU) and Road-side Units (RSU) for V2X communications.
- Experience with virtualization tools and container-based solutions for distributed cloud computing (e.g., Kubernetes, Docker).
- Experience in an R&D environment, with participation in European-funded research and innovation actions.
- Publication record in both international conferences and technical journals either as main author or co-author.
- This is a full-time fixed term contract, with an initial duration of 24 months. The contract may be extended till the end of the 5G-MED project in August 2023.
- The position is located in Castelldefels, Barcelona, Spain.
- The call for applications will close on July 20th.
- The rank and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience, but it will be within the range of 30 – 42K€ yearly gross salary, depending on the qualification and experience of the selected candidate.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please, do not send emails for your application. Any application received by email will not be considered for the position. Applications must be done through the CTTC website http://www.cttc.es/career/call-15-2020-1/ and they should include the following three documents in pdf format:
1) Brief cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate for the offered position and indicating two reference people along with contact details.
2) 2-page CV including the most relevant merits of the candidate.
3) A document with a complete list of publications.
The deadline for applications is July 20th, 2020.
Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC), located in Castelldefels – Barcelona, is a growing and well-funded research institution fostering excellence and diversity. CTTC offers a highly international environment at an exceptionally attractive location. As a research center in telecommunications technologies CTTC provides a fertile environment for research cooperation and innovation between different disciplines.CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
More info at: http://www.cttc.es