CALL 16-2021-1 - Researcher positions in Communication Network Division – Mobile networks department
The Communication Networks Division of the CTTC is searching for interested candidates in two researcher positions in its Mobile Networks Department. For more information about the Department please refer to http://networks.cttc.cat/mobile-networks/.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must hold a MSc degree in telecommunications, computer science, electrical engineering, or closely related fields. We are looking for a researcher interested in and capable of designing and developing network simulators for 5G networks. In particular, the candidate will be required to build new 5G modules in the context of the ns-3 open source simulator. The required skills and experience are:
- Deep knowledge of cellular mobile communication systems, LTE/NR.
- Experience in implementation of system level simulators, with background in the design of scalable and high fidelity system simulations.
- Strong experience and capability in the system level evaluation of wireless cellular systems.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills and a strong publication record.
Specific development skills
- Previous experience at developer/maintainer level with ns-3, with knowledge of ns-3 module development and ns-3 event scheduling, development toolchain waf, and ns-3 test environment.
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++ and Python.
- Knowledge of Linux distributions and command line interface, including shell/bash scripting and system variables.
- Demonstrated previous experience with debugging tools like gdb, DDD, etc. and Valgrind.
- Knowledge of Integrated development environments (IDE), e.g., Eclipse, Kdevelop, or NetBeans and having developed simulation execution automation tolos.
- Knowledge of pcap trace analysis and related tools for network protocol analysis (e.g., Wireshark, Tcpdump, etc.).
The contract duration for the potential position would be 13 months. The position is associated to an industrial contract. The contract is renewable subject to performance and budgetary constraints, till the end of the project.
The salary will be in the range of 28-34 k€ (gross per year). Professional category and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience. The position corresponds to the R2 professional category at CTTC. For more information on professional categories at CTTC, the interested candidate is referred to http://www.cttc.es/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/CTTC-Professional-categories.pdf
Researchers interested in joining the Mobile Networks Department should send their curriculum vitae, including list of publications, and the names and addresses of at least two referees. These documents should be sent in PDF format through the online application form, which will remain open during 1 month. CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially.
Communication Networks Division – CTTC
Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC), in Castelldefels – Barcelona, is a growing and well-funded research institution fostering excellence and diversity. CTTC offers a highly international environment at an exceptionally attractive location. As a research center in telecommunications technologies CTTC provides a fertile environment for research cooperation and innovation between different disciplines. More specifically, the Communication Networks Division (COMNET) aims at providing an integrated end-to-end view of mobile and transport, optical and wireless, access and core networks by exploiting SDN and NFV architectural principles. For more information, please visit http://networks.cttc.cat
Inside the COMNET division, the Mobile Networks department focuses on the design and optimization of programmable heterogeneous and dynamic mobile and wireless networks through theoretical, simulation, and experimental work combining cloud computing, data networking, and mobile networking, including SDN and NFV in the RAN, backhaul/fronthaul, and core. For more information, please visit: http://networks.cttc.cat/mobile-networks/
CTTC offers a young and multi-cultural environment aimed at fostering excellent research and development activities, providing access to an outstanding research network, top-tech labs, and all tools needed to conduct top-quality research and development activities.
CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.