CALL 20-2019-1 - Head of Human Resources
We are looking for a head of HR who is excited by the challenge of driving change and providing pro-active HR leadership and support in a stimulating international research environment.
Reporting to the General Administrator, the head of HR will develop and implement, along with the rest of the team, the internal policies and labor regulations applicable according to the strategy of the organization and action plan for the HRS4R, to achieve a high-performance team capable of providing the highest individual and collective contribution to the institute and will introduce the best practices in the process of selecting and hiring new talents, training, risk prevention, professional development and work environment.
The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships internally and extrenally, as well as to inspire, motivate and drive all members.
The HR team will be completed with a HR Technician that will be hired after the incorporation of the head of HR and trainee students.
The main duties of this positon will be
- Promoting and developingrelevant HR strategies and programs across the center aligned with the strategy of the organisation.
- Actively engaging with the CTTC community and a variety of key stakeholders to promote and execute on key HR initiatives and actions, such as HR Excellence in Research, alumni, gender balance, diversity and inclusion.
- Implementing and follow-up the staff development and performance system by promoting training and development activities in collaboration with the Project Management Coordinator.
- Designing and executing any other special projects in HR talent and development on a variety of topics such as diversity and inclusion.
HR General Management
- Promoting and evaluating the implementation of HR relevant IT tools.
- Key person for the external labour and legal services regarding personnel.
- Management and coordination of the recruitment process according to the legal framework.
- Preparation of contracts and assistance with all linked documentation (visas, id’s,…) coordinating with the external labour service, control of renewals or end of contracts.
- Coordination with the external labour service for the monthly payroll. Review of the documents.
- Follow-up of affiliations, terminations, permits and absenteeism.
- Coordination of Risk prevention measures.
- Preparation and updating of operating manuals and internal regulations.
- Ensuring compliance with European, Spanish and Catalonia regulations in terms of employment legislation and other HR-related regulations, such as data proteccion.
- Actively participating in the monitoring the adherence to established internal HR procedures and policies and institucional policies.
- Contact point for CTTC staff seeking advice and guidance in wider HR issues.
- Anticipating risks and resolving conflicts.
- Preparation of reports, annalysis, lists and other relevant information regarding HR.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Professional experience in an international academic environment, preferably in a reasearch organitation, with a proven track record of developing people strategy and practices and change management in a dynamic environment.
Education and training:
- The jobholder is expected to hold a relevant university degree in Human Resources, Management, Business Administration, Labor Relacions, Economics or Psychology.
- The jobholder must demostrate a strong knowledge of employment legislation (preferibly Spanish) and labor-related rules.
- Advanced level of English, Catalan and Spanish written and spoken
- Microsoft Office applications
- Sap Business One
- Measuring and analysing HR metrics
- Strateging thinking
- Problem solving and pragmatic approach
- Planning and organising skills
- Creativity and innovation
- Diplomatic and tacful personality
Working conditions and Benefits
Fixed position an indefinite contract will be made if one of the assumptions established in the General State Budget of 2018 is fulfilled. Otherwise, the position will be temporarily covered by an interim contract until the fiscal and financial measures established by General Budgets of the Generalitat de Catalunya and the basic regulations of the General State Budgets authorize a new call for the place with an indefinite contract
Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
We provide a highly stimulating environment.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcome applicants regardless of age, dissability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
We are committed to reconcile a work and family life for our employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Mercè Carrasco
- A complete CV including contact details
- Contact details of three referees
All applications must be addressed to Mercè Carrasco and be submitted through this online application
Deadline: Please submit your application by the 11th September 2019.
Interviews: It is envisaged that the interviews will take place at the end of September at the CTTC in Castelldefels, Barcelona.
The Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit research institution based in Castelldefels (Barcelona), resulting from a public iniciative of the Regional Government of Catalonia (Generalitat de Catalunya).
Research activities at the CTTC, both fundamental and aplied, mainly focus on technologies related to the physical, data-link and network layers of communication systems, and to the Geomatics.
Started in 2001 with young graduates, with engineering or PhD degrees, it is currently the only research institutions where research and technology development are combined to provide response in the range of precompetitive research and engineering demonstration models.
CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.