CALL 20-2021-1 - Researcher position in Communication Technologies Division – SMARTECH Department
The Communication Technologies Division at CTTC invites applications for one Researcher position in its SMARTECH Department in the framework of the H2020-EC funded project MARSAL (Grant Number 101017171) on 6G. The successful applicant should have a PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, or Computer Science. The applicant will be incorporated in the SMARTECH department (http://technologies.cttc.es/smartech/).
The selected candidate will:
- Become a member of a competitive research Department with reputation in top-notch publications and fund-raising capacities.
- Access to cutting-edge experimental facilities and a competitive salary.
- Become a member of the research team of the MARSAL project
- Carry out research activities associated to the SMARTECH department, e.g. Network Slicing, Zero Touch Networks, Data-Driven Management Communications and Energy Efficient Communications for AI/ML aided-mechanisms, cybersecurity and experimental validation.
- Lead and support the team members in the preparation of the reports of the project.
- Lead and support the team members in the preparation of research funding proposals.
- Lead, coordinate and participate in dissemination activities of the project, including technical papers to be submitted to international conferences and peer-reviewed journals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have a PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field.
- Outstanding oral and writing English skills
- Good publication record in top scientific peer-reviewed journals (e.g., IEEE Transactions and Magazines)
- Good knowledge of current technology trends in 5G and Beyond such as network slicing, data-driven communications, network virtualization, cloud native applications, cell-free and fixed-mobile converged.
- Good knowledge of Networking Protocols for Radio and Computational Resource Allocation,
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work in an international team
- Good knowledge on software development (e.g., in Linux, C++, Python) and experience in preparing proof-of-concept in a testbed environment.
- Experience from participating in national and international research projects with partners from academia and industry is also an advantage.
- Knowledge of the ETSI (ZSM, ENI) or ORAN or 3GPP standards.
- Hands-on experience with Orchestration (e.g., ETSI OSM), Virtualization (e.g., OpenStack) or cloud-native technologies (e.g., Kubernetes)
- Career distinctions
- Experience in preparation of research grant proposals for funding agencies, e.g. EC-H2020.
A full-time fixed term, of initial duration of 12 months, contract is offered. The contract may be extended till the end of MARSAL project, December 2023. Additional renewals might be considered depending on the achieved performance and the available funding opportunities by that time. The starting date is flexible from December’21-January’22. The position corresponds to the R2 professional category at CTTC. The rank and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience. The salary will be in the range between 38.000 and 41.000 euro (gross per year).
We offer an excellent working environment in an internationaland multilingual team with many development possibilities.
Applications should include:
• Full CV, including a list of publications and name (email address, etc) of three referees
• PhD Degree
• Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate
CTTC is particularly interested in candidates with good balance of academic qualifications and know-how in their field of knowledge. The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application. No applications received by email will be taken consideration for the position.
The deadline for applications is November 8th, 2021.
CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.