CALL 22-2021-1 - Researcher position in Communication Technologies Division – SMARTECH Department
The Communication Technologies Division at CTTC invites applications for one Researcher position in its SMARTECH Department in the framework of the H2020-funded project DARLENE (Grant Number 883297). The successful applicant should have a PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science. The applicant will be incorporated in the SMARTECH department (http://technologies.cttc.es/smartech/) .
The selected candidate will:
- Become a member of a competitive research Department with reputation in top-notch publications and fund-raising capacities. Access to cutting-edge experimental facilities and a competitive salary.
- Become a member of the research team of the DARLENE project
- Carry out research activities associated to the SMARTECH department, e.g. Network Slicing, Zero Touch Networks, Data-Driven Management Communications and Energy Efficient Communications for AI/ML aided-mechanisms, cybersecurity and experimental validation.
- Lead and support the team members in the preparation of the reports of the project
- Lead and support the team members in the preparation of research funding proposals
- Lead, coordinate and participate in dissemination activities of the project, including technical papers to be submitted to international conferences and peer-reviewed journals
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have a PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field.
- Outstanding oral and writing English skills
- Good publication record in top scientific peer-reviewed journals (e.g., IEEE Transactions and Magazines)
- Good knowledge of current technology trends in 5G and Beyond such Network slicing, data driven communications, virtualization and SDN/MEC/NFV
- Implementation skills with Free Open Source Software (FOSS) for 5G Networks, e.g. OpenStack, Kubernetes, Linux networking, OpenAirInterface, OSM, OpenDaylight, ONAP, etc.
- Good knowledge of Radio Resource Allocation and Management
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work in an international team
- Good knowledge of analytical skills in the areas of network optimization or machine learning.
- Experience from participating in national and international research projects with partners from academia and industry is also an advantage.
- Knowledge of the ETSI (ZSM, ENI) or ORAN or 3GPP standards.
- Career distinctions
- Basic experience in preparation of research grant proposals for funding agencies, e.g. EC-H2020.
- Capability to work autonomously and be an excellent team player.
A full-time fixed term contract is offered until the end of the DARLENE project, August 2023. The starting date is flexible from December 2021. The position corresponds to the R2 professional category at CTTC. The rank and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience. The salary will be in the range between 38.000 and 41.500 euro (gross per year).
Applications should include:
• Full CV, including a list of publications and name (email address, etc) of three referees
• PhD Degree
• Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application. No applications received by email will be taken consideration for the position.
The deadline for applications is November 12th, 2021.
CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.