CALL 24-2021-1 - IT MANAGER
Wo are we looking for
We are looking for a positive and talented IT Manager to oversee all internal IT functions in our institution. We are looking for a proactive leader who is excited by the challenge of driving change and providing the best IT environment to improve and give the better support to researchers and administration areas in a stimulating international research environment.
Who are we?
The Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC) is a self-standing, public sector non-profit research institution devoted to fundamental and applied Research activities, mainly focused on technologies related to the physical, data-link and network layers of communication systems, and to the Geomatics.
In November 2015, the CTTC obtained the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
We have great benefits for employees: work-life balance measures (33 working days of vacation, teleworking plan, flexible working hours) ; paid sick, maternity and paternity leaves; Tax-free benefits (ticket restaurant, kindergarten, health insurance and transport), Continuous training
The CTTC is in the Mediterranean Park of Technology in Castelldefels, a scientific parc that hosts the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, and innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and to Castelldefels city center, also close to kindergartens, public and top international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and several bus lines.
We have 2 buildings in the campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable working spaces, meeting and multi-purpose rooms and social spaces.
The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical, and administrative staff) from all over the World.
This position demands strong IT expertise combined with a desirable ability to lead and make things happen. The objective is to provide the better service to all users managing the technological infrastructure of CTTC, to improve.
- Direct and supervise the Center’s technology in accordance with the objectives and guidelines set by the Direction, developing and implementing the different technological systems of the CTTC necessary for its proper functioning.
- Ensure communication between IT and the rest of the Institute’s areas, ensuring the existence of tools that make it possible to effectively channel the needs of employees and projects.
- Lead and coordinate the IT team, ensuring its efficiency and services to the center.
- Manage relationships with IT suppliers and stakeholders,
- Direct and support the implementation of new software and hardware
- Identify and recommend new IT solutions
- Manage the organization’s internal IT help desk
- Coordinate IT activities to ensure data availability and network services with as little downtime as necessary
- Develop and oversee metrics for hardware, software, and storage
- Define IT solutions to eliminate security vulnerabilities and increase data security, and implement them.
Education and Training: Bachelor’s degree in Informatics Engineering, Systems Engineering, or IT related degree
Experience: Minimum of 5 years in IT experience in analysis, implementation, evaluation, and management of IT systems. Highly valued experience in a research institution
- Advanced knowledge of GNU / Linux systems
- Administration and configuration of web and application servers.
- Cybersecurity and computer security in applications, networks and operating systems
- Database systems administration
- Virtualization environment
- Cloud environment
Excellent writing and verbal communications skills in Spanish, Catalan, and English.
- Strong organizational skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Organized, proactive, self-motivated, and enthusiastic
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate other team members.
- Organizational, planning, and analytical skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
What we offer:
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
- Permanent contract will be made if one of the assumptions established in the General State Budget of 2020 is fulfilled. Otherwise, the position will be temporarily covered by an interim contract until the fiscal and financial measures established by General Budgets of the Generalitat de Catalunya and the basic regulations of the General State Budgets authorize a new call for the place with an indefinite contract
- Starting date: November 2021
How to apply
All applications must include:
1. A complete CV including contact details
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcome applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.