CALL 25-2021-1 - Researcher position in Communication Network Division – Mobile Networks Departments
Expires: 2 December 2021
Who are we looking for?
The Communication Networks Division of the CTTC is searching for interested candidates in a Researcher position in its Mobile Networks Department. For more information about the Department please refer to http://networks.cttc.cat/mobile-networks/.
Who are we?
The Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC) is a self-standing, public sector non-profit research institution devoted to fundamental and applied Research activities, mainly focused on technologies related to the physical, data-link and network layers of communication systems, and to the Geomatics.
In November 2015, the CTTC obtained the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
We have great benefits for employees: work-life balance measures (33 working days of vacation, teleworking plan, flexible working hours) ; paid sick, maternity and paternity leaves; Tax-free benefits (ticket restaurant, kindergarten, health insurance and transport), Continuous training
The CTTC is in the Mediterranean Park of Technology in Castelldefels, a scientific parc that hosts the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, and innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and to Castelldefels city center, also close to kindergartens, public and top international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and several bus lines.
We have 2 buildings in the campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable working spaces, meeting and multi-purpose rooms and social spaces.
The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical, and administrative staff) from all over the World.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must hold a PhD degree in telecommunications, computer science, electrical engineering, or closely related fields. We are looking for a researcher interested in and capable of designing and developing network simulators for 5G and beyond networks. Therefore, the ideal researcher should demonstrate background in as many as possible areas out of the following list: cellular mobile communication systems (LTE/LTE-A/NR), experience in network optimization, design and implementation of system level simulators. In particular, the candidate will be required to participate in the design, development and evaluation of new 5G features/modules in the context of the ns-3 open source simulator. The required skills and experience are:
- Deep knowledge of cellular mobile communication systems, LTE/NR.
- Experience with 3GPP standardization process and documents.
- Experience in design and implementation of system level simulators.
- Experience and capability in the system level evaluation of wireless cellular systems.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills; Strong publication record; Participation in public-funded research projects, but most importantly, in industrial research projects; Contribution in patent applications.
Specific development skills
- Previous experience with ns-3, with knowledge of ns-3 module development and ns-3 event scheduling, development toolchain waf, ns-3 test environment, and Git.
- Programming skills: Excellent programming skills in C/C++ and Python; knowledge of Linux distributions and command line interface; previous experience with debugging tools; knowledge of Integrated development environments (IDE).
The contract duration for the potential position would be 12 months. The position is associated to an industrial contract. The contract is renewable subject to performance and budgetary constraints.
The salary will be in the range of 32 – 37.6 k€ (gross per year). Professional category and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience. The position corresponds to the R2 professional category at CTTC. For more information on professional categories at CTTC, the interested candidate is referred to http://www.cttc.es/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/CTTC-Professional-categories.pdf
What we offer
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
How to apply
All applications must include:
- A complete CV including contact details
- Academic degree certificates
- Cover letter
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA THIS WEB WILL BE TAKE IN CONSIDERATION.*
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcome applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.