CALL 26-2021-1 - Researcher position in Communication Networks Division – Optical Networks and Systems Department
Who are we looking for?
The Communication Networks Division of the CTTC is searching for interested candidates in a Research and Innovation position in its Optical Networks and Systems Department. For more information about the Department please refer to http://networks.cttc.es/ons/.
Who are we?
The Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC) is a self-standing, public sector non-profit research institution devoted to fundamental and applied Research activities, mainly focused on technologies related to the physical, data-link and network layers of communication systems, and to the Geomatics.
In November 2015, the CTTC obtained the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
We have great benefits for employees: work-life balance measures (33 working days of vacation, teleworking plan, flexible working hours) ; paid sick, maternity and paternity leaves; Tax-free benefits (ticket restaurant, kindergarten, health insurance and transport), Continuous training
The CTTC is in the Mediterranean Park of Technology in Castelldefels, a scientific parc that hosts the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, and innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and to Castelldefels city center, also close to kindergartens, public and top international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and several bus lines.
We have 2 buildings in the campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable working spaces, meeting and multi-purpose rooms and social spaces.
The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical, and administrative staff) from all over the World.
Qualifications and Experience
We offer a position to work as NFVI administrator on the development and management of CTTC’s networking testbeds and proof-of-concepts, exploring new technologies and their applicability in the scope of the H2020 5G PPP research projects where CTTC is currently participating (http://www.cttc.es/project/).
The selected candidate will become a member of an internationally recognized research Department with an important focus on cutting-edge experimental activities.
The successful applicant must have a MSc degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field, PhD studies or proof of registration in a PhD program will be considered. Experience in R&D projects carried out in the context of research institutions or industry will be appreciated.
We are looking for candidates with a strong motivation and desire to learn and explore new technologies. Interested candidates should have good analysis, problem solving, proactiveness, organizational and multi-tasking skills. Candidates should also demonstrate strong oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of current technology trends in SDN/NFV network control and management, networking and cloud concepts and technologies.
- Hands-on testbed management and proof-of-concept / demo skills.
- Knowledge of Linux programming and system administration
- Python programming
- Experience in hands-on optical and packet SDN network platforms (e.g., ONOS, OpenDayLight, …)
- Capabilities to interact with diverse APIs (e.g., based on REST) exposed by diverse open source implementations (e.g., OpenStack, Prometheus, ONOS, etc.)
- Familiar with standardization activities such as ETSI IFA, ONF, etc.
- Understanding on heuristic algorithms for network routing, NFV placement, network restoration, etc.
- Experience in hands-on NFV platforms (e.g., OSM, ONAP, …)
- Effective English oral and writing skills.
What we offer:
The position is temporary, investigador/a interino/a, according to the Spanish national law. An interim contract for vacancy is issued to temporarily cover a permanent position during the selection or promotion process for its definitive coverage, expected to take place within 3 years of the approval of the public offer of occupation with regards to the vacant permanent position. The position lies within the R2B professional category at CTTC. The rank and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience. The salary will be in the range between 30.270€ and 32.540,25 € (gross per year).
- We offer high standards working conditions, under a flexible and international environment with access to cutting-edge experimental facilities and excellent professional and personal development possibilities.Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
How to apply
All applications must include:
- A complete CV including contact details (with 2 references)
- Academic degree certificates
- Cover letter
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
The deadline for applications is December 12th, 2021.
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA WEB http://www.cttc.es/career/call-26-2021-1/ WILL BE TAKE IN CONSIDERATION.*
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcome applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.