CALL 3-2018-1 - PROCUREMENT & LEGAL OFFICER
CTTC is seeking a Procurement & Legal Officer to fill a new job post in the institution within the new created Tenders and Purchasing Unit. This Unit gives support and manages all public procurement procedures, as well as the rest of outsourcing of services, acquisition of consumables, purchase of equipment, or other subtypes that are necessary to acquire for the daily activity of the center assuring compliance with the law.
Nature of Work:
Under direction, the purpose of the position is to acquire services, supplies and goods as required by the assigned department at a competitive price in a time-efficient manner and to provide basic routine administrative support work relating to the purchasing function. Position is responsible for the submission of invitation to bid; review, analysis, and purchase of supplies, services and goods; review of methods of acquisition; and preparation of purchase orders and related documentation. Performs related work as directed.
Education and Training: College or University degree in Law, Business Administration or Management. Desirable Master in Public Law; desirable: Specialized studies in Public Procurement or Master studies in Public Law.
Work Related Experience: Minimum of one (1) year previous experience in administrative support functions related to the governmental purchasing function, such as at the Purchasing Assistant or Coordinator level; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills in Catalan/Spanish. FCE or CAE in English.
- Advanced level of Microsoft Office and SAP Business One
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to clearly communicate information both orally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize, schedule, and undertake concurrent work assignments.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious and cooperative relationships with supervisors, coworkers, vendors, and the general public.
- Ability to analyze information and solve problems.
- Open-minded and with ability to adapt to the needs of the institution.
- Flexibility and proactivity
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Public Procurement management and its different procedures according to the Law:
- Ensure consistency in procurement
- Negotiate and Award Contracts
- Ensure legal compliance
- Communication with suppliers
- Review, monitor and perform follow-up of awarded contracts and purchases to ensure continued compliance with contracted vendors, and provides direction accordingly.
- Generate and file related reports or documents relating to the Department’s purchasing function. Maintain files and scan (tenders & contracts) documents
- To keep updated the information of public procurement and other purchases in all mandatory Platforms of the Government.
- Propose, develop and implement new policies and regulations for the acquisition of goods and services, to ensure total compliance with the law and provide clear instructions to other agents of the center.
- Coordination with other staff of the Procurement and Purchase Office
- Collaborate with other groups of the management unit
- Assist Research staff in procurement procedures
- Assist researchers with other legal documentation
- Assist the management unit with public law compliance
- Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract (7,5 hours/day. 37,5 hours/week).
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution.
- Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
How to apply:
Applications for the above call should include a CV and motivation letter and should be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com Reference: CALL 3-2018-1
Deadline for applications: 30/04/2018. If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended.
Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter and experience
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be called for interview
- Offered Position: A Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview