CALL 3-2021-1 - Senior Researcher position in the Communication Technologies Division – SMARTECH Department
The Communication Technologies Division at CTTC invites applications for one Senior Researcher position in its Communication Technologies Division (CTD). We offer a permanent position to work in the SMARTECH Department (http://technologies.cttc.es/smartech/).
The selected candidate will:
- Become a member of a competitive research Department with reputation in top-notch publications and fund-raising capacities. Access to cutting-edge experimental facilities and a competitive salary.
- Carry out research activities associated to the SMARTECH department, e.g. Network Slicing, Zero Touch Networks, Data-Driven Management Communications and Energy Efficient Communications for AI/ML aided-mechanisms, cybersecurity and experimental validation.
- Lead and support the team members in the preparation of the reports of the project.
- Lead and support the team members in the preparation of research funding proposals.
- Lead, coordinate and participate in dissemination activities of the project, including technical papers to be submitted to international conferences and peer-reviewed journals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have a PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field.
- Good publication record in top scientific peer-reviewed journals and conferences
- Excellent knowledge of current technology trends in 5G and Beyond such asdata-driven communications, network virtualization, cloud native applications, cell-free and fixed mobile converged.
- Proved experienceon Networking Protocols for Radio and Computational Resource Allocation.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills, and ability to work in an international team.
- Experience from participating in national and international research projects with partners from academia and industry.
- Proved experienceon setting up Proof-of-Concept experiments in experimental platforms with NFV (e.g. OSM) and RAN (e.g. OAI) platforms.
- Knowledge of the ETSI (ZSM, ENI) or ORAN or 3GPP standards.
- Career distinctions.
- Very good experience in preparation of research grant proposals for funding agencies, e.g. EC-H2020.
- Participation in the organization of conferences, courses, demonstrations and scientific-technical exhibitions.
The contract is permanent. The rank and gross salary, in the range 40000-47600€/year, will be determined according to qualifications and work experience. The position corresponds to the R3 professional category at CTTC. More information about CTTC professional categories is available at: http://www.cttc.es/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/CTTC-Professional-categories.pdf
Applications should include:
• Full CV, including a list of publications and name (email address, etc) of three referees
•Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application. No applications received by email will be taken consideration for the position.
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially. Since the publication date, the offer will be open for two months.
CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.