CALL-30-2019-1 - Head of Economic Management
The CTTC is looking for a Head of Economic Management who is excited by the challenge of driving change and providing pro-active economic leadership and support in a stimulating international research environment.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Lead, implement and supervise the activities of the Economic Management team.
- Supervision of the annual accounting information and budget control (private and public) Preparation of the financial statements and other reports for the different administrations.
- Review and control that all the existing economic information is complete and faithfully reflects the economic situation of the center.
- Guarantee compliance with all the legal and fiscal rules applicable to the institution and all internal policies and procedures.
- Act as a responsible for financial matters in the audits: General Intervention, ERDF, CE, projects, CCAA and others.
- Manage the treasury of the center, prepare forecasts, approve the transactions and ensure the optimal management of the same.
- Collaborate with Project Management and HR in the coordination of the management of the competitive funds of the center throughout its entire cycle: application, execution and justification. Ensure that all the agents involved in resource management have useful and relevant information for decision making.
- Manage and safeguard all the assets of the institution (both material and immaterial, including facilities and equipment).
- Coordinate & supervise the Purchase team, assure compliance with the public procurement law.
- Contribute to the implementation and improvement of the management, accounting and budgetary circuits required along with other management policies of the center, at the level of processes and tools.
- Promote, alongside other Department heads, the development of the ERP SAP B1, and other tools.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position
Education and training:
- A relevant university degree in Economics, Management, Business Administration or similar.
- A strong knowledge of accounting, preferably in foundations and in particular, in public sector research entities.
- Medium level of English (at least B1)
- High level of Catalan and Spanish both written and spoken
- Professional experience in an international academic environment, preferably in research organisation will be highly valuated.
- Professional experience in Public Administrations or dependent entities in the field of economic management, public procurement or research
- Master’s degree or postgraduate diploma
- Specific training in public procurement.
- Specific training in public budget management
- Specific training in foundations.
- Microsoft Office applications. Strong Excel abilities
- Advanced level of Sap Business One
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships internally and externally, as well as to inspire, motivate and drive all members.
- Analytical and reasoning ability, ability to convey ideas and knowledge and to work in a team.
- Great planning and organizational capacity, prioritizing the different issues to be dealt with and their workloads
- Initiative and proactivity, ability to learn and adapt, flexibility and agility.
- Responsibility, maturity and commitment.
Working conditions and Benefits
- Annual gross salary according to CTTC’s salary policy, depending on the candidate’s qualification and professional experience.
- Full-time permanent contract, 7,5 h/day. Flexibility.
- Extended vacation period.
We provide a highly stimulating environment.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcome applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to HR
- A complete CV including contact details
- Contact details of three referees
All applications must be addressed to HR and be submitted online through this online applications: