CALL-31-2019-1 - Researcher position in the Geomatics Division – Remote Sensing Department
The Geomatics Division of the CTTC is searching for interested candidates in a full-time fixed-term Researcher position for its Remote Sensing Department. Detailed information about the project can be found at the end of this position description.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILIES
The principal objective of the position is to carry out research on topics related to the following areas:
1. Satellite-based Synthetic Aperture Radar interferometry: data processing and analysis;
2. Development of applications based on Synthetic Aperture Radar imagery.
The position holder will be required to disseminate results through scientific publications in high-quality journals and top-tier international conferences. The selected candidate will join the Remote Sensing Department and will contribute to the group activities and discussions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCES
The following qualifications and competences are required for the position:
- A Ph.D. degree in geomatics or related disciplines (engineering, physics, geophysics, mathematics, computer science, etc.).
- A track record and capacity of carrying out research work and interact with researchers as well as technology transfer staff.
- A capability to work independently while, at the same time, cooperating with the Geomatics’ team.
- Advanced programming skills are required (C, C++, etc.).
- A full professional proficiency in English is required. Catalan and Spanish are appreciated.
- This is a full-time fixed-term contract starting in Q1 of 2020 and with a duration of 1 year. Depending on the budget availability and the performance of the selected candidate, the contract may be extended beyond its initial duration.
- Position is based in Castelldefels, Barcelona, Spain and physical attendance to the CTTC building is a must.
- Working hours are 37,5 per week and the candidate can enjoy 33 days of holidays per year.
- The call for applications will close on January 16th and the contract for the offered position will start as soon as the evaluation procedure is finalized.
- The professional category and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience, and it will be within the range of 26-38 k€ (gross per year).
- CTTC offers a young and multi-cultural environment aimed at fostering excellent research and development activities, providing access to an outstanding research network, top-tech labs, and all tools needed to conduct top-quality research and development activities.
Interested applicants are required to submit online the following documents in English and in PDF format:
1) Full CV, including complete list of publications (if any), relevant professional experience, awards and fellowships, and any additional scientific achievements or relevant merits.
2) Contact information (email address, etc.) of two reference persons.
Applications are submitted online through this website. Please use the button at the bottom of the page to reach the application form. Incomplete applications or applications received by email will not be considered for the position.
Shortlisted applicants fitting best in the research profile expected for the position will be interviewed.
For further clarifications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.