CALL 32-2020-1 - Researcher position related to Embedded Systems in Comunication Department
The Communication Technologies Division of the CTTC is searching for interested candidates in a Researcher position related to Embedded Systems for its Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Communications Department.
The M2M Communication department leads and participates in both research and technology transfer projects in areas related to the connectivity of smart devices to implement some degree of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and process automation. The current focus of the activity of the department is on projects related to Industry 4.0 and also in the area of connected vehicles and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS).
We are now looking for a suitable candidate to become the responsible for the design and implementation of embedded systems within the scope of the MetroLink+ industry project. The selected candidate will become a member of the M2M Communications Department of the CTTC and contribute to its development and public awareness.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and implementation of softwarefor embedded systems.
- Design and implementation of embedded systems hardware, from the detailed design of schematicsand printed circuit boards to the assembly of prototypes.
- Work in both research and technology transfer projects in the areas of Industry 4.0, connected vehicles and ITS.
- Contribute to the elaboration of project proposals for future projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master degree in telecom or electrical engineering.
- Experience programming in C/C++.
- Experience with Cortex ARM-based microcontrollers (in particular, STM32 series).
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (in particular, FreeRTOS and mbed-os).
- Experience with wireless transceivers for sub-GHz and 2.4GHz ISM bands.
- Experience in the design of schematics using Altium Protel Designer.
- High degree of autonomy and capability to define goals with the project team.
- Good communication and writing skills.
Highly Valuable skills:
- PhD degree on telecom or electrical engineering
- Experience in the development of Wireless Sensors and Actuators Networks (WSAN) for industrial applications.
- Experience with industrial field buses and Time Sensitive Networks (TSN).
- Experience programming in Python.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience in the design of Printed Circuit Boards using Altium Protel Designer.
- Experience in manufacturing and soldering of Printed Circuit Boards.
A full-time fixed term contract of 4 months of duration. The starting date is flexiblearound March 1st, 2021. The position corresponds to the R2 professional category at CTTC. The rank and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience. The salary will be in the range between 30.000 and 40.000 euro (gross per year).
HOW TO APPLY?
Applications must be done through the website, and they should include the following twodocuments in pdf format:
1) Brief cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate for the offered position.
2) Full CV including the name and contact details (email address, etc.) of at least one referee.
CTTC is particularly interested in candidates with good balance of academic qualifications and know-how in their field of knowledge. No applications received by email will be taken consideration for the position.
The deadline for applications is 24thof January, 2021.
CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.