CALL-33-2019-1 - Researcher position in the Communication Technologies Division – SMARTECH Department
The Communication Technologies Division at CTTC invites applications for one Research and Innovation position in its SMARTECH Department in the framework of a H2020-funded project SEMANTIC (Grant Number 861165). The successful applicant should have a PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science. The applicant will be incorporated in the SMARTECH department.
The selected candidate will:
- Become a member of the research team of the SEMANTIC project and the SMARTECH Department
- Carry out research activities associated to the SMARTECH department, e.g. Network Slicing, Zero Touch Networks, Data-Driven Management Communications and Energy Efficient Communications for AI/ML aided-mechanisms, cybersecurity and experimental validation.
- Lead and support the team members in the preparation of the reports of the project
- Lead and support the team members in the preparation of research funding proposals
- Lead, coordinate and participate in dissemination activities of the project, including technical papers to be submitted to international conferences and peer-reviewed journals
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have a PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field. Upon successful completion of the fixed-term contract, a renewal might be considered depending on the achieved performance and the available funding opportunities by that time.
- Outstanding oral and writing English skills
- Good publication record in top scientific peer-reviewed journals (e.g., IEEE Transactions and Magazines)
- Good knowledge of current technology trends in 5G and Beyond such Network slicing, data driven communications, virtualization and SDN/MEC/NFV
- Good knowledge of Radio Resource Allocation and Management
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work in an international team
- Intermediate experience in Hands-on on wireless network platforms
- Knowledge of analytical skills in the areas of optimization or machine learning are a benefit.
- Cybersecurity for 5G and beyond networks
- Experience from participating in national and international research projects with partners from academia and industry is also an advantage.
- Career distinctions
- Basic experience in preparation of EC funded research grant proposals.
The successful applicant would have to work autonomously and be an excellent team player.
A full-time fixed term, of initial duration of 12 months, contract. The contract may be extended till the end of SEMANTIC project, in December 2023. The starting date is flexible from March-April 2020. The rank and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience. The salary will be in the range between 30.000 and 42.000 euro (gross per year).
Applications should include:
• Full CV, including a list of publications and name (email address, etc.) of three referees.
• Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application. No applications received by email will be taken in consideration for the position.
CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.