CALL 33-2020-1 - Researcher position in Smartech Department
The Communication Technologies Division at CTTC invites applications for one Researcher position in its SMARTECH Department in the framework the prestigious 5G PPP-H2020 5G-EPICENTREproject (Grant Number101016521) on 5G and beyond. The successful applicant should have a PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science.The applicant will be incorporated in the SMARTECH department (http://technologies.cttc.es/smartech/).
The selected candidate will:
- Become a member of a competitive research Department with reputation in top-notch publications and fund-raising capacities. Access to cutting-edge experimental facilities and a competitive salary.
- Become a member of the research team of the 5G-EPICENTRE project
- Carry out research activities associated to the SMARTECH department, e.g. Network Slicing, Zero Touch Networks, Data-Driven Management Communications and Energy Efficient Communications for AI/ML aided-mechanisms, cybersecurity and experimental validation.
- Lead and support the team members in the preparation of the reports of the project
- Lead and support the team members in the preparation of research funding proposals
- Lead, coordinate and participate in dissemination activities of the project, including technical papers to be submitted to international conferences and peer-reviewed journals
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should havePhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field.
- Outstanding oral and writing English skills
- Good publication record in top scientific peer-reviewedjournals (e.g., IEEE Transactions and Magazines)
- Good knowledge of current technology trends in 5G and Beyond such asdata-driven communications, network virtualization, cloud native applications, cell-free and fixed mobile converged.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work in an international team
- Hands-on experience with Orchestration (e.g., ETSI OSM), Virtualization (e.g., OpenStack) or cloud-native technologies (e.g., Kubernetes)
- Experience of setting up Proof-of-Concept experiments in a testbed environment with NFV (e.g. OSM) or RAN (e.g. OAI) platforms.
- Good knowledge of analytical skills in the areas of network optimization or machine learning.
- Experience from participating in national and international research projects with partners from academia and industry is also an advantage.
- Knowledge of the ETSI (ZSM, ENI) or ORAN or 3GPP standards.
- Career distinctions
- Basic experience in preparation of research grant proposals for funding agencies, e.g. EC-H2020.
- Ability to work autonomously and be an excellent team player.
A full-time fixed term, of initial duration of 12months, contract is offered. The contract may be extended till the end of 5G-EPICENTRE project, December 2023.Additional renewals might be considered depending on the achieved performance and the available funding opportunities by that time.The starting date is flexible from February2021- March 2021. The position corresponds to the R2 professional category at CTTC. The rank and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience. The salary will be in the range between 37.000 and 42.000 euro (gross per year).
Applications should include:
• Full CV, including a list of publications and name (email address, etc) of three referees
•Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate
CTTC is particularly interested in candidates with good balance of academic qualifications and know-how in their field of knowledge and possibilities to take up the work with a flexible starting date. The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application. No applications received by email will be taken consideration for the position.
The deadline for applications is 1st of February 2021.
CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.