CALL 4-2018-1 - Researcher position at the Communication Technologies Division – SMARTECH Department
The Communication Technologies Division at CTTC invites applications for one Researcher position. The successful applicant should have a degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field. Holding a PhD is also required. The applicant will be incorporated in the SMARTECH department (http://technologies.cttc.es/smartech/) .
The position is associated with the IoSENSE and CONNECT projects, funded from the Electronic Component Systems for European Leadership Joint Undertaking. The successful candidate will conduct both academic and experimental system research toward the 5G wireless networks and IoT integration. Particular emphasis will be given to Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Reinforcement Learning and Deep Learning for orchestrating 5G networks. The performance of the envisioned methods/algorithms may be evaluated both in simulators and in existing in SMARTECH platforms.
The selected candidate will:
- Become a member of the research team of the project
- Carry out research activities associated to the SMARTECH department
- Support the team members in the preparation of the reports of the project
- Support the team members in the preparation of research funding proposals
- Participate in dissemination activities of the project, including technical papers to be submitted to international conferences and peer-reviewed journals
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful applicant should have a PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field. Upon successful completion of the fixed-term contract, a renewal might be considered depending on the achieved performance and the available funding opportunities by that time.
- Outstanding oral and writing English skills
- Excellent publication record in top scientific peer-reviewed journals (e.g., IEEE Transactions and Magazines)
- Good analytical skills Machine Learning or Deep Learning or Reinforcement Learning.
- Background of current technology trends in 5G such Network slicing, virtualization, orchestration and SDN/MEC/NFV
- Good knowledge of radio resource allocation and management
- Very good programming skills in either C/C++ or MATLAB or Python
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work in an international team
- Experience from participating in national and international research projects with partners from academia and industry is also an advantage.
- Hands-on experience on wireless network platforms
- Experience in potential vertical applications for IoT based wireless networks, such as smart grid, vehicular communications or eHealth
- Prior research experience in academia or industry
- Career distinctions
- Experience in leading and/or participating in the preparation of scientific publications
- Experience in preparation of EC funded research grant proposals.
The successful applicant would have to work autonomously and be an excellent team player.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A full-time fixed term contract aligned with the duration-frame of the IoSENSE (ending in April 2019) and CONNECT projects (ending in March 2020) is offered. The starting date is flexible starting after the closing date of this call. The rank and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience. The salary will be in the range between 30.000 and 36.000 euros (gross per year). The contract may be extended to 36 months depending on the availability of research funds from other research funded projects.
Applications should include:
- Full CV, including a list of publications and name (email address, etc) of three referees
- Transcript of all modules and results from university-level courses taken
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate
CTTC is particularly interested in candidates with good balance of academic qualifications and know-how in their field of knowledge and possibilities to take up the work with a flexible starting date. The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application. No applications received by email will be taken consideration for the position.
The deadline for applications is June 2, 2018, but applying before the deadline is encouraged. For further information, please contact email@example.com.
CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.