CALL 4-2020-1 - Researcher position in the Communication Technologies Division – PHYCOM Department
The Communication Technologies Division of the CTTC is searching for interested candidates in a full-time fixed-term Researcher position for its PHYCOM Department (http://technologies.cttc.es/phycom/) in the context of the internal project Htag. Information about the project can be found at the end of this position description.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The principal objective of the position is to carry out applied research on topics related to the following areas:
1.- Microwave circuit design, e.g., filters, antennas and RFID.
2.- Microwave circuit fabrication, including printed circuit board, 3D printing, inkjet printing and micro/nano technology.
3.- Microwave circuit testing, including antenna measurements.
The position holder will be required todisseminate results through scientific publications in high-quality journals and top-tier international conferences. The selected candidate will join the PHYCOM Department and will contribute to the group activities and discussions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCES
The following qualifications and competences are required for the position:
- The candidate should hold a PhD title on electrical and electronic engineering, telecommunications or physics.
- Solid understanding and project-based experience in (a subset of) the following areas:
- Microwave device design.
- Design and implementation of experimental setups for sensing applications.
- Circuit fabrication.
- Micro and nano technology.
- 3D and 2D structure printing.
- Printed circuit board.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Scientific ambition, motivation and proactive attitude.
- Excellent communication and team-working skills.
- Strong academic credentials, written and spoken English proficiency.
- Simulation software: HFSS, ADS, Matlab, Comsol.
- This is a full-time fixed-term contract starting in H1 2020 aligned with the time frame of the Htag project (expected end date: Q2 2022). Depending on the applicable labor law, budget availability and the performance of the selected candidate, the contract may be extended beyond the duration of the Htag project.
- The position is based in Castelldefels, Barcelona, Spain and physical attendance to the CTTC building is a must.
- Working hours are 37,5 per week and the candidate can enjoy 33 days of holidays per year.
- The call for applications will close on February 28th and the contract for the offered position will start as soon as the evaluation procedure is finalized.
- The professional category and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience, and it will be within the range of 34-37 k€ (gross per year).
- CTTC offers a young and multi-cultural environment aimed at fostering excellent research and development activities, providing access to an outstanding research network, top-tech labs, and all tools needed to conduct top-quality research and development activities.
Interested applicants are required to submit online the following documents in English and in PDF format:
1) Full CV, including complete list of publications (if any), relevant professional experience, awards and fellowships, and any additional scientific achievements or relevant merits.
2) Research statement (max 1 page) explaining the applicant’s qualifications and topics of preferred research focus and how the applicant’s competence can contribute to addressing the tasks associated with the position.
3) Contact information (email address, etc.) of two reference persons.
Applications are submitted online through this website. Please use the button at the bottom of the page to reach the application form. Incomplete applications or applications received by email will not be considered for the position.
Shortlisted applicants fitting best in the research profile expected for the position will be interviewed.
Application deadline: February 28th 2020.
For further clarifications, please contact email@example.com.
The project Htag aims to develop low-cost wireless sensing technology.
Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC), located in Castelldefels – Barcelona, is a growing and well-funded research institution fostering excellence and diversity. CTTC offers a highly international environment at an exceptionally attractive location. As a research center in telecommunications technologies CTTC provides a fertile environment for research cooperation and innovation between different disciplines. CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.