Call 4/2016-2 (ESR4) - PhD Position in the Mobile Networks Department
- A Master degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge on mobile networks, sensor networks, big data
- Knowledge on energy systems and management
- Ability and motivation to conduct high-quality research, including publishing the results in relevant venues
- Strong programming skills (e.g. C/C++, Java, Python)
Working experience in the areas of Mobile Networks, Sensor Networks, Smart Grid, Energy Harvesting, Big Data management, Cloud computing is an advantage
- Knowledge on Optimization Theory is an advantage
- Knowledge on SDN/NFV is an advantage
- Very good communication skills in oral and written English
- Open-mindedness, strong integration skills and team spirit
Applicants for this position must be very motivated, with capacity of carrying out innovative research. Experience in in national and international R&D projects in the context of R&D institutions is a plus.
The contract is of 3 years and linked to the SCAVENGE ETN.
Gross salary is 3110€ per month. Additional salary can be given based on mobility and family position of the candidate.
The candidate must satisfy all the conditions of the Horizon 2020 Marie Skłodowska Curie Action call 2015 to apply for this position.
Detailed information of job conditions and requirements for applicants are at the following link: http://www.scavenge.eu/index.php/job-positions/
Application shall be done via the SCAVENGE website (http://www.scavenge.eu/index.php/job-applications/). Applications should include a curriculum vitae including list of publications, a concise statement of research interests, and two letters of recommendation.
The call for this position will close on May 31st, 2016 and the candidate is expected to join CTTC in July 2016.
For further information, please contact email@example.com.
The CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
The CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.