CALL 6-2021-1 - LEGAL OFFICER
We are looking for a legal officer who is excited by the challenge of driving change and providing proactive legal perspective support in a stimulating international research environment.
What distinguishes us?
- The Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC) is a self-standing, public sector non-profit research institution devoted to fundamental and applied Research activities, mainly focused on technologies related to the physical, data-link and network layers of communication systems, and to the Geomatics.
- We have great benefits: extended vacations (33 working days, flexibility, work life balance, continuous training, etc…)
- Muticultural environment. The institute currently has more than 120 members (scientific, technical, and administrative staff) from all over the World.
CTTC is seeking a Legal Officer who will lead the newly created unit of Legal Services of the institution. The unit consists of a legal officer, a specialized administrative and may also include a trainee, and it will be responsible of the following duties:
- Managing all public procurement procedures that are necessary to acquire for the daily activity of the center assuring compliance with Spanish procurements regulations, especially the Law 9/2017 on Public Sector Contracts. In particular:
- Preparation and follow-up of all administrative documentation of the tender procedures, including the drafting of the Specific Administrative Terms and Conditions and other necessary documentation.
- Publication of the documentation on the corresponding platform, both at national and European level (Contractor Profile, Platform of the Public Registry of Contracts of the Generalitat de Catalunya, DOUE).
- Advice to the different internal departments on the preparation of the necessary documentation for the tender procedures.
- Coordination with the purchasing department in relation to the tender procedures.
- Support to the tenderers.
- Monitoring and execution of the annual tender procedures plan.
- Control of budgetary aspects of the tender procedures.
- File and custody of the documentation related to the tender procedures.
- Other tasks derived from the procurements.
- Monitoring all legal affairs within the organization
- Promoting and ensuring compliance policies with the data protection legislation.
- Managing the Transparency portal of the institution in accordance with the legal dispositions.
- Providing legal advice and Identifying risks
- Advising and collaborating with Research Group and Support Units to review or prepare technical documentation (projects, agreements, contracts..).
- Institutional legal support.
Education and Training: Bachelor’s degree in Law. With specific training in public procurements especially the Law 9/2017 on Public Sector Contracts will be a must.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years in public procurements; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Highly valued experience in a research institution.
- TI Tools: Microsoft Office
- Languages: Excellent writing and verbal communications skills in Spanish, Catalan, and English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have organizational, planning, and analytical skills, with high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proactive, flexible, and problem-solving attitude.
- Well organized
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
- Permanent contract will be made if one of the assumptions established in the General State Budget of 2020 is fulfilled. Otherwise, the position will be temporarily covered by an interim contract until the fiscal and financial measures established by General Budgets of the Generalitat de Catalunya and the basic regulations of the General State Budgets authorize a new call for the place with an indefinite contract
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must include:
1. A complete CV including contact details
2. Contact details of three references
CTTC was set up in 2001 jointly by the Government of Catalonia ant the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC) and is located at the PMT – Mediterranean Technology Park in Castelldefels (Barcelona). We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcome applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.