CALL 8-2019-1 - Engineer position at the Communication Technologies Division -M2M Communications Department
The Communication Technologies Division of the CTTC is searching for interested candidates in an Embedded Systems Engineer position for its Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Communications Department.
The M2M Communication department leads and participates in both research and technology transfer projects in areas related to the connectivity of smart devices to implement some degree of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and process automation. The current focus of the activity of the department is on projects related to Industry 4.0 and also in the area of connected vehicles and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS).
We are now looking for a suitable person to become the responsible for the design and implementation of embedded systems within the MetroLink+ project. The selected candidate will become a member of the M2M Communications Department of the CTTC and contribute to its development and public awareness.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and implementation of software for embedded systems.
- Design and implementation of embedded systems hardware, from the detailed design of schematics and printed circuit boards to the assembly of prototypes.
- Work in both research and technology transfer projects in the areas of Industry 4.0, connected vehicles and ITS.
- Contribute to the elaboration of project proposals for future projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master degree in telecom or electrical engineering.
- Experience programming in C/C++.
- Experience with Cortex ARM-based microcontrollers (in particular, STM32 series).
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (in particular, FreeRTOS and mbed-os).
- Experience with wireless transceivers for sub-GHz and 2.4GHz ISM bands.
- Experience in the design of schematics using Altium Protel Designer.
- High degree of autonomy and capability to define goals with the project team.
- Good communication and writing skills.
Highly Valuable skills:
- Experience in the development of Wireless Sensors and Actuators Networks (WSAN) for industrial applications.
- Experience with industrial field buses and Time Sensitive Networks (TSN).
- Experience programming in Python.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience in the design of Printed Circuit Boards using Altium Protel Designer.
- Experience in manufacturing and soldering of Printed Circuit Boards.
- This is a full-time fixed term contract.
- Start by the beginning of June 2019 until the end of the MetroLink+ project (expected end date by February 2021).
- The work place is located in Castelldefels, Barcelona, Spain.
- The rank and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience, but it will be within the range of 30K-36K yearly gross salary, depending on the qualification and experience of the selected candidate.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please, do not send emails for your application. Any application received by email will not be considered for the position.
Applications must be done through the website, and they should include the following two documents in pdf format:
1) Brief cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate for the offered position.
2) Full CV including the name and contact details (email address, etc.) of at least one referee.
The deadline for applications is May 26th, 2019.
ABOUT THE CTTC
Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC), located in Castelldefels – Barcelona, is a growing and well-funded research institution fostering excellence and diversity. CTTC offers a highly international environment at an exceptionally attractive location. As a research center in telecommunications technologies CTTC provides a fertile environment for research cooperation and innovation between different disciplines. CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
More info at: http://www.cttc.es