CALL-30-2019-1 - Head of Economic Management
The CTTC is looking for a Head of Finance & Purchase who is excited by the challenge of driving change and providing pro-active economic leadership and support in a stimulating international research environment.
The responsabilities of the position include:
- Lead, implement and supervise the activities of the Finance & Purchase team.
- Supervision of the anual accounting information and budget control (private and public) Preparation of the financial statements and other reports for the different administrations.
- Review and control that all the existing economic information is complete and faithfully reflects the economic situation of the center.
- Guarantee compliance with all the legal and fiscal rules applicable to the institution and all internal policies and procedures.
- Act as a responsible for financial matters in the audits: General Intervention, ERDF, CE, projects, CCAA and others.
- Manage the treasury of the center, prepare forecasts, approve the transactions and ensure the optimal management of the same.
- Coolaborate with Project Management in the coordination of the management of the competitive funds of the center throughout its entire cycle: application, execution and justification. Ensure that all the agents involved in resource management have useful and relevant information for decision making.
- Manage and safeguard all the assets of the institution (both material and immaterial, including facilities and equipment).
- Coordinate & supervise the Purchase team, assure compliance with the public procurement law.
- Contribute to the implementation and improvement of the management, accounting and budgetary circuits required along with other management policies of the center, at the level of processes and tools.
- Promote, alongside other Department heads, the development of the ERP SAP B1, and other tools.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Desired professional experience in an auditing or consultancy firm
- Professional experience in an international academic environment, preferably in a reasearch organitation will be highly valuated
Education and training:
- A relevant university degree in Economics, Management, Business Administration or simmilar. Master degree or postgraduate diploma will be a plus.
- A strong knowledge of accounting, preferibly in foundations and in particular, in public sector research entitites.
- Medium level of English (at least B1)
- High levels of Catalan and Spanish written and spoken
- Microsoft Office applications. Strong Excell habilities
- Advanced level of Sap Business One
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence software desired
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships internally and extrenally, as well as to inspire, motivate and drive all members.
- Analytical and reasoning ability, ability to convey ideas and knowledge and to work in a team.
- Great planning and organizational capacity, prioritizing the different issues to be dealt with and their workloads
- Initiative and proactivity, ability to learn and adapt, flexibility and agility.
- Responsibility, maturity and commitment.
Working conditions and Benefits
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
- Full-time contract, 7,5 h/day. Flexibility.
- Extended vacation period.
- Permanent contract will be made if one of the assumptions established in the General State Budget of 2020 is fulfilled. Otherwise, the position will be temporarily covered by an interim contract until the fiscal and financial measures established by General Budgets of the Generalitat de Catalunya and the basic regulations of the General State Budgets authorize a new call for the place with an indefinite contract
We provide a highly stimulating environment.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcome applicants regardless of age, dissability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Mercè Carrasco
- A complete CV including contact details
- Contact details of three referees
All applications must be addressed to Mercè Carrasco and be submitted online through this online applications: