CALL 1-2020-1 - Software Developer / System Administrator position in Communication Network Division – Optical Networks and Systems Department
The Communication Networks Division of the CTTC is searching for interested candidates in a Software Developer / System Administrator position in its Optical Networks and Systems Department. For more information about the Department please refer to http://networks.cttc.es/ons/.
We offer a position in a research-oriented team, exploring new technologies and their applicability, working in the scope of national and international research projects while developing testbeds and proof-of-concept prototypes.
The candidate must have in-depth knowledge and experience in the development of networked systems in Python and C/C++ (mainly in GNU/Linux environments), as well as in system administration and networking.
- Good knowledge of Java, Python and C/C++, with experience in small and medium-sized projects
- Linux programming and basic system administration
- High knowledge of networking and cloud concepts and technologies
- Strong motivation and desire to learn and explore new technologies
- Good analysis, problem solving, proactiveness, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- High level of English
EXPERIENCE ON THE NEXT TOPICS IS CONSIDERED A PLUS:
- Software defined Networking (SDN) architecture, including usage of several controllers and virtual switches.
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and network service definition and deployment.
- Cloud services, including usage of controllers and different virtualization technologies (OpenStack, dockers, Kubernetes)
- Testbed management and proof-of-concept / demo skills (e.g., GUIs and supporting applications)
- Optical networks control & management
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must hold an MSc/Engineering degree in computer science, telecommunications, or related fields. Experience in R&D or industrial projects carried out in the context of research institutions or industry is appreciated. Knowledge of key technologies such as virtualization, cloud management systems, software defined networking and relevant Open Source projects are highly appreciated.
The position is full time, linked to the duration of the H2020 5GPPP 5GCroCo project (November 2021) to which the candidate will be assigned. Profiles with different levels of work experience are sought. The rank and gross salary, in the range 24,000-36,000€/year, will be determined according to qualifications and work experience. Interested candidates in joining the Optical Networks and Systems Department should send their curriculum vitae in PDF format through this online application. CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially. Since the publication date, the offer will stay open during one month.
Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC), in Castelldefels – Barcelona, is a growing and well-funded research institution fostering excellence and diversity. CTTC offers a highly international environment at an exceptionally attractive location. As a research center in telecommunications technologies CTTC provides a fertile environment for research cooperation and innovation between different disciplines. More specifically, the Communication Networks Division (COMNET) aims at providing an integrated end-to-end view of mobile and transport, optical and wireless, access and core networks by exploiting SDN and NFV architectural principles. For more information, please visit http://networks.cttc.cat
CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.