Digital Signal Processing Lab
The Digital Signal Processing Lab (DSPLAB) provides all the required equipment to implement real-time digital signal processing solutions supporting experimental research, applied research, and industrial projects conducted at the Communication Systems Division.
Some examples of developments at the DSPLAB are multi-standard modems, wireless sensor networks, GNSS receivers, smart antennas, software-defined radio solutions and indoor location systems, among others.
FPGA and DSP prototyping:
• Xilinx FPGA development tools and platforms
- ISE design suite: System Edition
- Vivado Design Suite
- Hardware development kits for the Virtex-4, Virtex-5, Virtex-6, and Virtex-7 FPGAfamilies
• Digital baseband hardware and software tools to enable signal generation, capture, impair, playback and real world signal conditions emulation.
• Logic analyzer for system-level debugging of digital designs
• Texas Instruments C6727 Floating Point DSP developer kit
• Ettus Research’s Universal Software Radio Peripherals USRPx and RF front-ends.
PCB cards assembly:
- SMD Soldering station including a microscope for precision soldering.
- Rework Station for BGA and SMD soldering/desoldering Martin Expert
- High Power Hot Air Station JBC Advanced JT-7000
Measurement and testing equipment:
- Tektronix TDS7254 2.5 GHz Digital oscilloscope
- Agilent MSO6054A 500 MHz Mixed Signal Oscilloscope
- Tektronix TLA715 Logic Analyzer
- Agilent 16903A Logic Analysis System
- Agilent E4438C ESG 6 GHz Vector Signal Generator
- Rohde & Schwarz ZVB8 Network Analyzer, 300 Khz – 8 Ghz
- Agilent E4403B-BAS ESA-L Spectrum Analyzer, 9 kHz to 3.0 GHz
- Rohde & Schwarz multiport RF Switch Matrix 100 MHz – 6 GHz