GET ALL UPDATED INFORMATION AT MY WEB SITE: http://www.jesusalonsozarate.com
Some key facts and figures about me:
My education: MBA (2016), PhD in Wireless Communications (2009), and Telecom Engineer (MSc.-2004)
I am Division Manager at the CTTC in Barcelona.
I am Head of the Machine-to-Machine Communications Department at the CTTC.
I have attracted more than 2.3 Million Euro to CTTC in the last 10 years.
I have participated in 28 competitive public‐funded R&D Projects:
– Project Coordinator of European-funded H2020 collaborative innovation action with 17 Million Euro budget (H2020-5GPPP-5GCroCo). November 2018-October 2021.
– Principal Investigator (PI) of 3 national-funded projects (Plan Nacional I+D+i): CO2GREEN (2010-2012), CELLFIVE (2014-2016), SPOT5G (2018-2020).
– PI at CTTC of 4 European projects (FP7-FET-Flagship Guardian Angels, FP7-ITN-ADVANTAGE, H2020-5GPPP-5GCAR, CHIST-ERA FIREMAN).
– PI at CTTC of 1 Project with the European Space Agency (ESA)
– PI at CTTC of 2 Technical Due Diligences about IoT-related start-ups.
Participation in bilateral projects with companies:
– GTD (Satellite)
– METROLINK: Intelligent Railway Systems.
– METROLINK+: Intelligent Railway Systems.
– MOTEC: Industry 4.0; remote PLC management.
– TAGACAW: IoT for livestock monitoring.
– HIGHGROWTH: Technical Due Dilligence for investment round.
– OONAIR: Technical Due Dilligence for investment round.
– M2M Cloud Factory (now NEXIONA CONNECTOCRATS): Technical Due Dilligence for investment round.
Participation as member of the research team in a number of projects funded by the European Commission, and both Spanish and Catalan Governments.
41 Peer‐reviewed Journal Papers listed in the JCR.
92 Papers in International Conferences.
H‐Index: 21, i10‐Index: 51 (as of 14th March 2019; Google Scholar, 2,126 citations).
>50 keynotes, invited talks, panels, and tutorials in international conferences.
7 key editorial appointments.
1 Authored Book on the topic of Contention Based Communication Technologies.
12 Book Chapters in the topic of Wireless Communications.
3 White papers with European Industry.
3 Patents filed as co-author
5 mass media publications and appearances.
Supervised 5 PhD Students
5GPPP Phase III Project - Contract: H2020-825050
Grant number 646469
2014 SGR 1551
Project contract/code: 216715
Project contract/code: FIT-330215-2007-8
Project contract/code: IST-2002-507525
Project contract/code: TEC2006-1 0459/TCM
Project contract/code: FIT-330225-2007-14