Jesús Gómez Vilardebó, Senior Researcher, received his M. Sc. and Ph. D. degrees in Electrical Engineering from the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) in October 2003 and July 2009, respectively. Since September 2005 he is with the Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC) where currently he works as Researcher and Division Manager in the Communication Systems Division.
He was the principal investigator at CTTC of the ERANET (CHISTERA) project E-CROPS on energy harvesting communication networks. He has participated in several projects funded by the European Commission, the European Space Agency (ESA), and the Spanish Government, as well as in direct contracts with the national (Mier Communications, Telefonica) and international industry (Ubiquisys).
He is senior member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
He has advised one master’s thesis, and is currently co-advising one PhD student at UPC.
He is author of 8 Journals and more than 25 international conference papers. His current research interests include Information Theory, Stochastic Signals.
ORCID ID: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-3162-8058
- New Journal paper! Gómez-Vilardebó, J. “Competitive Design of Energy Harvesting Communications in Wireless Fading Channels“, in IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 3863-3872, Dec. 2017
- New Journal paper! Gómez-Vilardebó, J. “Routing in Accumulative Multi-hop Networks“, in IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, May 2017.
- New on ArXiv! Gómez-Vilardebó, J. “Fundamental Limits of Caching: Improved Bounds with Coded Prefetching“, arXiv preprint arXiv:1612.09071, 2016.
- New Journal paper! Tan, O.; Gómez-Vilardebó, J. and Gündüz, D., “Privacy-Cost Trade-offs in Demand-Side Management With Storage,” in IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 1458-1469, June 2017.
- Organising (jointly with Dr. Deniz Gunduz from ICL) a special session on Energy Harvesting at the IEEE International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems (ISWCS’15)
- New Journal-Length Computer Science Paper! Gomez-Vilardebo, J. “Routing in Accumulative Multi-hop Networks,” IEEE INFOCOM, Hong Kong, April/May 2015. (Acceptance ratio of 19%)
- New Journal paper! Gomez-Vilardebo, J.; Gunduz, D., “Smart Meter Privacy for Multiple Users in the Presence of an Alternative Energy Source,” Information Forensics and Security, IEEE Transactions on, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 132-141, 2014.
Project contract/code: IST-2002-507525
Project contract/code: CTE.
Project contract/code: 318306
Grant number 646469