Jesús Gómez Vilardebó received his M. Sc. and Ph. D. degrees in Electrical Engineering from the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) in October 2003 and July 2009, respectively. During 2004 he was assistant professor in UPC. Since September 2005 he is with the Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC) where currently he works as Senior Researcher (since 2013) and Division Manager in the Communication Systems Division (Since April 2013).
He was the Principal Investigator (PI) of the ERANET (CHISTERA) project ECROPS (2013-2016) on energy harvesting communication networks (jointly with CTTC, METU, Imperial College London and EURECOM).
He has led as PI several industrial contracts with international companies such as Marvell (2015) on power line communications, Ubiquisys (2011-2012) and AT4Wireless (2009-2011) on the implementation of LTE transcievers.
He has also participated in several projects funded by the European Commission such us P2P-SmartTest (2015-2018), and NEWCOM# (2012-2015), for the European Space Agency (ESA), and for the Spanish National research programs including the AVANZA I+D+I project SAN (2011-2012), the CYCIT projects JUNTOS (2011-2013) and INTESYV (2014-2016), ARISTIDES (2018-2021), as well as in direct contracts with the national (Mier Communications, Telefonica and international industry, ECLER, Software Radio Systems (SRS)).
Since 2013 he is senior member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. He served as special session chair at the 2014 European Wireless (EW) and organized a special session at the 2015 international symposium on communication systems (ISWCS’15). He is frequent reviewer of top-leading journals in the field such as IEEE Transactions on Communications, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics & Security, and IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking. He also served as technical program committee of WCNC’18. He is IEEE Senior Member since 2013. He has advised one master’s thesis, and one defended PhD thesis (June 2016). He is author of 15+ Journals and 30+ international conference papers. His h-index is 16.
His current research interests include multiuser communications, coded caching for wireless content distribution and distributed coded computing.
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=aHik-tQAAAAJ&hl=en
ORCID ID: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-3162-8058
- New Journal paper! S. Shao, J. Gómez-Vilardebó, K. Zhang and C. Tian, “On the Fundamental Limits of Coded Caching Systems with Restricted Demand Types,” in IEEE Transactions on Communications, doi: 10.1109/TCOMM.2020.3038392.
- New Journal paper! Gómez-Vilardebó, J., “Fundamental Limits of Caching: Improved Rate-Memory Tradeoff With Coded Prefetching,” in IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 66, no. 10, pp. 4488-4497, Oct. 2018.
- New Journal paper! Gómez-Vilardebó, J., “A Novel Centralized Coded Caching Scheme With Coded Prefetching,” in IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 1165-1175, June 2018.
- New Journal paper! Gómez-Vilardebó, J., “Competitive Design of Energy Harvesting Communications in Wireless Fading Channels“, in IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 3863-3872, Dec. 2017
- New Journal paper! Gómez-Vilardebó, J., “Routing in Accumulative Multi-hop Networks“, in IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, May 2017.
- New Journal paper! Tan, O.; Gómez-Vilardebó, J. and Gündüz, D., “Privacy-Cost Trade-offs in Demand-Side Management With Storage,” in IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 1458-1469, June 2017.
- Organising (jointly with Dr. Deniz Gunduz from ICL) a special session on Energy Harvesting at the IEEE International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems (ISWCS’15)
- New Journal-Length Computer Science Paper! Gomez-Vilardebo, J. “Routing in Accumulative Multi-hop Networks,” IEEE INFOCOM, Hong Kong, April/May 2015. (Acceptance ratio of 19%)
- New Journal paper! Gomez-Vilardebo, J.; Gunduz, D., “Smart Meter Privacy for Multiple Users in the Presence of an Alternative Energy Source,” Information Forensics and Security, IEEE Transactions on, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 132-141, 2014.
Grant number 646469
Project contract/code: CTE.
Project contract/code: IST-2002-507525
Project contract/code: 318306