Prof. Ana I. Pérez-Neira elected in the IEEE Signal Processing Society Board of Governor
Prof. Ana I. Pérez-Neira has recently been elected member of the IEEE Signal Processing Society Board of Governor for the period 2019-2021. https://signalprocessingsociety.org/our-story/board-governors
IEEE SPS is one of the prominent IEEE societies, and is an international organization whose purpose is to advance and disseminate state-of-the-art scientific information and resources, educate the signal processing community, and provide a venue for people to interact and exchange ideas. Its board, formed by highly recognized experts of the community, is in charge of managing memberships, conferences, publications, and technical directions of the community.
Prof. Ana I. Pérez-Neira reaches this milestone in her carrier after a long track of volunteer commitments in the Signal Processing community, such as:
- 2008-2016: member of EURASIP Board of Directors.
- 2010-2016: member of IEEE SPTM (Signal Processing Theory and Methods).
- 2017-2018: IEEE Signal Processing Director-at-large for Region 8 (https://signalprocessingsociety.org/our-story/membership-board) (by election).
- 2018: EURASIP Meritorious Service Award (https://www.eurasip.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=86&Itemid=1094).
- General chair for IWCLD’09, EUSIPCO’11, EW’14, IWSCS’14, ASMS/SPSC’16 and ICASSP 2020.
- Guest editor in 5 special issues and associate editor of the IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, EURASIP Signal Processing and EURASIP Advances in Signal Processing .