From rigid interconnection to SDN/NFV-based 5G Mobile Transport and Computing Platform (MTP)
Support for vertical industries, focusing on automotive, eHealth, media&entertainment, and M(V)NO
- Enable Vertical Industries to meet their service requirements within customised MTP slices; and
- Aggregate and Federate transport networking and computing fabric, from the edge up to the core and cloud, to create and manage MTP slices throughout a federated virtualized infrastructure
5G-Transformer defines three novel building blocks that will be developed and demonstrated integrating the aforementioned vertical industries:
(1) Vertical Slicer as the logical entry point (i.e., one stop shop) for verticals to support the creation of their respective transport slices in a short time-scale (in the order of minutes).
(2) Service Orchestrator to orchestrate the federation of transport networking and computing resources from multiple domains and manage their allocation to slices.
(3) Mobile Transport and Computing Platform as the underlying unified transport stratum for integrated fronthaul and backhaul networks.
For more information click here.
A Framework for Orchestration and Federation of 5G Services in a Multi-Domain Scenario
, In Proceedings of the First International Workshop on Experimentation and Measurements in 5G (EM-5G 2018) in conjunction with ACM CONEXT’18 Conference, 4-7 December 2018, Heraklion/Crete (Greece).
Deploying a containerized ns-3/LENA-based LTE mobile Network Service through the 5G-TRANSFORMER platform
, in Proceedings of the 4th IEEE Conference on Network Functions Virtualization and Software Defined Networking (IEEE NFV-SDN 2018), 27-29 November 2018, Verona (Italy).
Mobile Transport and Computing Platform for 5G Verticals: resource abstraction and implementation
, in Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Network Function Virtualization and Software Define Networks (IEEE NFV-SDN), 27-29 November 2018, Verona (Italy).
Wireless Interface Agent for SDN mmWave Multi-hop Networks: Design and Experimental Evaluation
, in Proceedings of 2nd ACM Workshop on Millimeter Wave Networks and Sensing Systems, (mmNets 2018), 29 October 2018, New Delhi (India).
Experimental Evaluation of Orchestrating Inter-DC Qualityenabled VNFFG Services in Packet/Flexi-Grid Optical Networks
, in Proceedings of 44th European Conference on Optical Communications (ECOC 2018), 23-27 September, 2018, Roma (Italy).
Latency-aware Network Service Orchestration over an SDN-controlled Multi-Layer Transport Infrastructure
, in Proceedings of 20th International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks (ICTON 2018), 1-5 July 2018, Bucharest (Romania).
Resource Orchestration of 5G Transport Networks for Vertical Industries
, in Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, 9-12 September 2018, Bologna (Italy)
Orchestrating Inter-DC Quality-Enabled VNFFG Services in Packet / Flexi-Grid Optical Networks
, in Proceedings of 5th International Workshop on Elastic Networks Design and Optimisiation (ELASTICNETS 2018), 21-22 June 2018, Valencia (Spain).
Enabling Vertical Industries Adoption of 5G Technologies: a Cartography of evolving solutions
, in Proceedings of European Conference on Networks and Communications (EUCNC 2018), 18-21 June 2018, Ljubljana (Slovenia).
Experimental SDN Control Solutions for Automatic Operations and Management of 5G Services in a Fixed Mobile Converged Packet-Optical Network (invited paper)
, in Proceedings of 22nd Conference on Optical Network Design and Modelling (ONDM), 14-17 May 2018, Dublin (Ireland).
Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI)
Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna (SSSA)
Politecnico di Torino
Municipal Emergency Assistance and Rescue Service (SAMUR)
Centro Ricerche Fiat (CRF)
Universidad Carlos III
NEC Europe Ltd.