|Start:||01 January 2011|
|End:||31 December 2013|
|Division:||Communication Networks, Communication Technologies|
|Department:||Machine to Machine Communications (M2M), Mobile Networks (MONET), Smart Energy Efficient Communication Technologies (SMARTECH)|
· To define green metrics directly related to the delivered QoS and system spectral efficiency in order to measure the energy consumption at the component, node, and system/network levels.
· To identify and define potential scenarios and use cases that may benefit from the use of the energy-efficient algorithms that will be proposed in the project.
· To design, analyse and evaluate the potential benefits of cooperative techniques based on advanced short-range communications for the goal of power/battery lifetime saving of mobile wireless devices.
· To design, analyse and evaluate minimum-energy consumption cognitive vertical handover procedures between different technologies in heterogeneous networks.
· To validate the key research outcomes through large-scale computer-based simulation and real-life experimentation to test the applicability of CO2GREEN algorithms and protocols.